Teaching your child with Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum is one of the best choices you can make.
Don’t be in a rush to send your child to kindergarten. Children who stay at home with loving one-on-one attention do better in the long run. It’s not about trying to be “school.” It is more important to teach them to love and serve God and to love others. Please consider keeping your child at home for kindergarten. You’ll be glad you did.
Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
The following resources are proven and inexpensive but superior resources for homeschooling.
Complete Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
Reading Curriculum for Kindergarten
- Sing, Spell, Read and Write Kindergarten Reading
- Horizons Kindergarten Phonics and Reading
- Primary Phonics K From EPS
- Saxon Phonics for Kindergarten
- Plaid Phonics 2011 Grades K-3
- Plaid Phonics 2011 Grades 4-6
- Bible Stories for Early Reader Series
- Christian Liberty Nature Readers The first book in this series is for kindergarten.
- Phonics Practice Readers from Modern Curriculum Press
- Primary Phonics Storybook Readers
Language Arts Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
Mathematics Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
- Bob Jones Kindergarten Mathematics
- Christian Liberty Press Kindergarten Math
- Earlybird Mathematics Standards Edition Singapore Math The Kindergarten level focuses more on hand-on and critical thinking math activities and critical thinking While there is some number writing, it’s not rows and rows, page after page. There are lots of cut and paste activity pages.
- Essential Math Kindergarten
- LifePac Kindergarten Math
- Horizons Kindergarten Mathematics
- Math in Focus: The Singapore Approach Kindergarten
- Mathematical Reasoning for Grade K
- Miquon Math
- MCP Math 2005 Edition Mathematics from Modern Curriculum Press.
- Saxon Math K Homeschool Kit The TE has scripted lesson plans. If you’ve never taught math before or it was a weak area for you, you will appreciate that. While you are teaching your child math, you’ll be learning how to teach it.
- Saxon Math Hands-On Manipulatives Kit for Kindergarten This set is used from kindergarten to third grade with the Saxon program.
Science Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
- Great Science Adventures Multilevel K-8
- World God Made Science From Christian Liberty Press
- Young Explorers Science Series Multi-level Science for K-6 from Apologia
Social Studies Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
- Little Pilgrims in God’s World by Christian Liberty Press
- Galloping the Globe world geography for K-4
Bible Kindergarten Curriculum
- Studying God’s Word K
- The Creation Story for Children Combines Bible and science for young children. You can use this to supplement any kindergarten curriculum.
- Bible Truths K5
Health and Physical Education Courses
- Artistic Pursuits Art curriculum for Kindergarten to Grade 3
Kindergarten Curriculum on this page:
- A Light for My Path
- Hearts and Hands Kindergarten Workbook
- The Three R’s Good reading for parents of young children
A Light for My Path
A Light for My Path: An ABC Book Based on Psalm 119
A Light for My Path is a beautifully illustrated book to teach the English ABCs and the Hebrew alphabet to your beginning reader.
Author Carman Davis wrote this well-planned and thoughtful book with four purposes in mind.
- A Light for My Path is meant for reading aloud with your child. It’s a snuggle up cozy book for parent and child to share.
- Teach your child the English alphabet. The ABCs are illustrated with one of God’s creations such as the ant for the letter A. The word that is shown on the page is one from Psalm 119. It’s delightful how each page after A shows a small image from the previous letter. What a fun thing for your child to find as you read aloud.
Cleverly, the capital A stands next to the word that starts with the lower-case letter on each page. It’s another way to teach the alphabet basics to your child.
- Another goal of A Light for My Path is to help light your child’s way to a love of God’s Word. After all, isn’t that why most of us are teaching our children at home?
The author carefully selected important an Bible words for each letter of the alphabet. Adding these words to your child’s vocabulary will help him to understand the Bible better.
- The fourth purpose of this book is to teach the Hebrew alphabet. Each of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet corresponds to a stanza of Psalm 119. Knowing the Hebrew alphabet may lead the way for your child to learn Hebrew. Hiding Psalm 119 by memorizing it through repeated readings over time will help your child navigate the rest of his life according to God’s Word.
How gentle and sweet like honey is that?
A Sample is available as a download at the Publisher’s Website
Ages: Great for preschoolers to elementary ages.
Hearts and Hands Kindergarten Workbook 2nd Edition
Hearts and Hands 2nd Edition
Drills in the book are coordinated with lessons in Christian Liberty Adventures in Phonics and Liberty Math K.
You can also use it as a supplement to other kindergarten phonics and math programs.
It is “intended to develop your student’s skills in numbers, letters, handwriting, phonics, and hand-eye coordination.”
The Three R’s
The Three R’s
Good advice on what and how you should teach in K-3 from a Christian perspective. If you have small children and you want to homeschool, The Three R’s is a great book for starting.
“Three resources in one – Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic! Learn how to take the mystery out of teaching the early grades with this practical, down-to-earth guidebook from Ruth Beechick. The Three R’s is divided into three sections that are tabbed for easy reference. The Reading section tells how and when to begin phonics, and how to develop comprehension skills. The Language section shows how to develop written language skills naturally, in the same way children learn oral language. The Arithmetic section explains how to teach understanding of math concepts, and not just memorization of facts.”
There is a bonus: A removable 2-sided wall chart for phonics and arithmetic.