The Intro to Biblical Greek Curriculum Set will give you a working knowledge of Biblical Greek
- The purpose of this course is to simplify many of the basic concepts of New Testament Greek.
- This introduction will give you a head start if you want to continue with more advanced studies of the language.
- It is not structured as a typical language course.
- It is essentially a “starter kit” that will get you reading and understanding New Testament Greek.
- It will not give you a daily lesson on pronunciation or practicing verb conjugation, but is instead designed to give you a working knowledge of New Testament Greek, not a specific mastery of it.
Intro to Biblical Greek
Intro to Biblical Greek Curriculum Set
Intro to Biblical Greek is an elective course that lays the groundwork for further study of the language.
- The course is appropriate for middle school and high school students, though middle schoolers may find it a strong challenge.
- Using this course will help you to:
- Get more understanding from Bible footnotes and commentaries
- Clarify points of confusion among Biblical translations
- Go beyond the basics to comprehend the meaning of the original Biblical texts
The Intro to Biblical Greek Curriculum Set includes one of each of the following items.
Below you will find a description of each item in the set. They are available for separate purchase if you need extra copies for additional students or families.
Grades 10-12th, 1/2 credit Biblical Greek
Intro to Biblical Greek Parent Lesson Planner
Features of the Intro to Biblical Greek Parent Lesson Planner include:
- Each suggested weekly schedule has three easy-to-manage lessons which combine reading, worksheets, and vocabulary-building.
- Has easy-to-use with suggested daily schedules, as well as three-hole punched perforated pages.
- Designed to allow your student to be independent, materials in this resource are divided by section so you can remove quizzes, tests, and answer keys before beginning the coursework.
- You are encouraged to adjust the schedule and materials as you need to work best within your educational program.
- Students will read the pages in their book and then complete each worksheet.
- Tests and quizzes are given at regular intervals with space to record each grade.
- Information to help you calculate the credit for this course.
- Preview a Sample of Intro to Biblical Greek Parent Lesson Planner
It’s Not Greek to Me DVD
It’s Not Greek to Me DVD, a video-based learning program, is a basic introduction to biblical or Koine Greek. Complete a flexible course that includes suggestions for lesson schedules depending on how extensive you want the course to be. Student worksheets, practice sheets, quizzes, answer keys, and suggested ongoing resources and projects to enhance learning are included in this study guide.
This course is perfect for those students who plan to attend seminary or those who are just interested in learning about the New Testament Greek or wanting to experience a deeper study of biblical text.
Topics in the It’s Not Greek to Me DVD include:
- The Greek alphabet
- Punctuation (and how it’s used!)
- Nouns, verbs, voice, and moods
- Nominative, genitives, vocatives, accusatives, and datives (the –tives of when to use what word and how)
- How to understand many of the Greek references your pastor makes
- The importance of correctly translating the Bible
- A basic understanding of how a concordance and lexicon work
- A refresher course in English grammar
- Skills application
Grades 10-12th, Duration: 150 minutes