This is lovely way to combine handwriting with drawing! I know it says that it is for K-3, but my upper elementary children liked doing the art too!
I think the art part of the lessons are best done with quality colored pencils. The Crayola brand colored pencils are a good choice for this age group.
The series does not need to be done in order. You can coordinate the topics in the books to your current area of study in other curriculum.
Features of Draw Write Now
- Colorful, easy-to-follow drawing lessons.
- Text for practicing handwriting.
- Theme-related questions, answers, and book lists.
- A child-friendly format.
- Ideas to spark children’s imagination and creativity.
- Each 64-page book includes 21 theme-related drawing and writing lessons.
- Each lesson includes step-by-step drawing instructions and four sentences that relate to the drawing. The sentences can be written in whatever alphabet style you are teaching.
Book 1 On the Farm, Kids and Critters, and Storybook Characters
Draw Write Now Book One
In the Draw Write Now Book 1, your student will learn about On the Farm, Kids and Critters, and Storybook Characters.
Book 2 Christopher Columbus, Autumn Harvest, and The Weather
Draw Write Now Book Two
DWN Book 2 covers Columbus, Autumn Harvest, and The Weather
Book 3 Native Americans, North America, and The Pilgrims
Draw Write Now Book Three
DWN Book 3 covers North America, Native Americans, and Pilgrims
Book 4 The Polar regions, The Arctic, and The Antarctic
Draw Write Now Book Four
DWN Book 4 covers the Polar Regions, The Arctic, and Antarctica.
Book 5 The United States, From Sea to Sea and Moving Forward
Draw Write Now Book Five
DWN Book 5 covers United States, and From Sea to Sea.
Book 6 Animals and Habitats: On Land, Ponds and Rivers, and Oceans
Draw Write Now Book Six
DWN Book 6 covers Animals and Habitats: Land, Ponds, Oceans.
Book 7 Animals of the World Part 1: Tropical Forests, Northern Forests, Forests Down Under
Draw Write Now Book Seven
DWN Book 7 covers Animals of the World, Part 1 Tropical Forests, Northern Forests, Down Under.
Book 8 Animals of the World Part 2: Savannas, Grasslands, and Mountains and Deserts
Draw Write Now Book 8
DWN Book 8 covers Animals of the World, Part 2 Savannas, Grasslands, Mountains and Deserts.
My Draw Write Now Workbook
(MY) DRAW WRITE NOW WORKBOOK
With 32 quality pages, this workbook has enough pages for the lessons in one Draw Write Now book. It is consumable.
We highly recommend these as the Draw Write Now books are non-consumable.
Boxed Set of 8 Books
Draw Write Now Boxed Set
This is a great buy if you plan to purchase the set. The Draw Write Now Boxed Set comes in a beautiful sturdy library case.
One of each of the following items in included in this boxed set:
- Book 1 On the Farm, Kids and Critters, and Storybook Characters 9780963930712
- Book 2 Christopher Columbus, Autumn Harvest, and The Weather9780963930729
- Book 3 Native Americans, North America, and The Pilgrims 9780963930736
- Book 4 The Polar regions, The Arctic, and The Antarctic9780963930743
- Book 5 The United States, From Sea to Sea and Moving Forward9780963930750
- Book 6 Animals and Habitats: On Land, Ponds and Rivers, and Oceans 9780963930767
- Book 7 Animals of the World Part 1: Tropical Forests, Northern Forests, Forests Down Under 9780963930774
- Book 8 Animals of the World Part 2: Savannas, Grasslands, and Mountains and Deserts 9780963930781