Ease of use, enjoyability, and effectiveness are several of the factors we look for in reading programs
To be able to read is a blessing! One of the greatest joys of teaching your children is watching them learn to read. Another is to pass along the love of reading. If one is taught to read but hates to read, how can we expect him to want to read the Bible? [Read more…]
There are “bazillions” of reading programs out there. We’ve tried several in our family and looked at many more. The homeschool readers, books and reading courses we offer here are homeschool-friendly with proven track records among homeschool families who have taught their children to read.
- Bible Stories for Early Reader Series
- McGuffey’s Readers
- Modern Curriculum Press Phonics Practice Readers
- Primary Phonics Storybook Readers
- S.P.I.R.E. Illustrated Decodable Readers
- Explode the Code helps the student who knows most of the consonant sounds and is ready to start reading.
- Get Ready, Get Set, Go for the Code helps the beginner to learn consonant sounds.
- Plaid Phonics 2011 Grade K-3 Was MCP Plaid Phonics Gr. K-3, now published by Pearson
- Press Plaid Phonics 2011 Word Study D-F Was MCP Plaid Phonics Word Study D-F, now published by Pearson
- Phonics Review by BJU Press Useful for the student who needs phonics review.
- Comprehension Plus Grades 1-6
- Beyond the Code
- EPS Reading Comprehension
- Reading Detective Comprehension and critical reading
The Basic Phonogram Cards
The Basic Phonogram Cards include 72 cards printed on sturdy cardstock and perforated for easy separation.
- Use with any phonics based reading program.
- Include 72 cards printed on sturdy cardstock and perforated for easy separation.
- Designed to teach your student the letters and combination of letters that represent sounds.
- Fin into an index card box or the Interactive Kit Review Box.
- Front side shows the phonogram to the student.
- Helpful notes with the sound and the key word are on back for the teacher.
- Specifically designed for use with All About Reading and All About Spelling.
- NOTE: If you use the complete levels of All About Reading or All about Spelling, you will not need to purchase these separately.