The Horizons phonics program for grade three is a Christian based reading curriculum used in homeschooling.
Use Coupon Code AopHomeEd to save 10% off List Price on Horizons Phonics & Reading Curriculum at Lamp Post Homeschool.**
The discount will be taken off the in the shopping cart after you apply the homeschool coupon code. Add in once to get the discount on all Alpha Omega Curriculum including Horizons, LIFEPACs, and Switched-On Schoolhouse 2014. **Can not be combined with any other coupon codes and excludes items marked clearance.
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 uses phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, text comprehension, spelling, and penmanship.
- Scope and Sequence Learn more about this program.
Horizons Phonics and Reading Third Grade
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Complete Set
The Horizons Phonics and Reading program for third grade has the following features.
- Reinforces previous concepts like consonant blends and vowel diphthongs
- Introduces new material, including combining prefixes and suffixes, compound words, regular and irregular verbs, analogies, borrowed words, and palindromes
- Features 160 lessons with popular stories such as “The Tale of Peter Rabbit,” “The Princess Who Slept on a Pea,” “Rumplestiltskin,” “The Good Samaritan,” and “Beauty and the Beast”
- Popular stories include “The Tale of Peter Rabbit,” “The Princess Who Slept on a Pea,” “Rumplestiltskin,” “The Good Samaritan,” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Poetry selections include “Casey at the Bat” by Ernest Lawrence Thayer and “Make Me a Picture of the Sun” by Emily Dickinson
- Short biographies about Sojourner Truth, Mother Teresa, Jackie Robinson, Theodore Roosevelt, Clara Barton, Wilma Rudolph, and more.
Included in the Third Grade Phonics and Reading Set is one of each of the following:
- Student Workbook 3-1 with removable pages (JPS031).
- Student Workbook 3-2 with removable pages (JPS032)
- One Teacher’s Guide with a daily lesson planner, duplication masters, answer keys, teaching tips, and additional worksheets (JRT030)
- Reader 3-1 (JPR031)
- Reader 3-2 (JPR032)
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Student Workbook 1
The Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Workbook 1 for the extra student has the first eighty lessons and eight review tests.
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Student Workbook 2
The Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Workbook 2 for the extra student has lessons 81 to 160 and eight review tests.
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Reader 1
There are eighty stories in the first reader for third grade.
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Reader 2
There are eighty stories in the second reader for third grade.
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Teacher’s Guide
The Teacher’s Guide for third grade includes:
- Step-by-step daily plans every lesson and features:
- lesson overviews and introductions
- material lists
- teaching tips
- Answer keys for daily lessons and tests