The Modern Curriculum Press Comprehension Plus series is one of the programs you can use after Sing, Spell, Read, and Write for reading comprehension. It is available for first grade through sixth grade. Your student will learn study skills, vocabulary, writing connections, and phonics/word study. We like the way it focuses on a specific reading comprehension skill in each lesson.
Features of MCP Comprehension Plus Workbooks
- With colorful and engaging photographs and illustrations, the layout of the student workbooks is pleasing, but not overwhelming.
- The skills covered in this series will definitely help the student who needs to learn strategies to improve reading comprehension.
- The stories and articles used in the series include fiction and non-fiction.
- Each lesson focuses on a reading comprehension skill.
- The Teacher’s Guides for this series offer more than just the answers.
- Using the Teacher’s Guide will help you get to most out of the program and give you practical help to teach the skills associated with reading comprehension.
- The Parent Guide highlights the main elements of the student and teacher materials.
- It provides guidance on setting up the lesson plan, scheduling, and adapting it to fit your family.
MCP Comprehension Plus Level A Homeschool Bundle
Included in the MCP Comprehension Plus Level A Homeschool Bundle are one of each of the following:
- Level A Student Workbook 9780765221803
- Level A Teacher’s Guide 9780765221865
- Parent Guide
Student Workbook A 1st Grade
MCP Comprehension Plus Student Workbook Level A
Reading comprehension skills covered in the MCP Comprehension Plus Student Workbook A include following directions, finding main idea and details, summarizing, drawing conclusions, predicting outcomes, comparing and contrasting, finding plot, character and setting, alphabetizing, and more. There are 24 lessons.
Grade 1, 103 pages
Teacher’s Guide A
MCP Comprehension Plus Level A Teacher’s Guide
The Comprehension Plus Level A Teacher’s Guide features:
Teacher helps such as teaching tips, series overview, scope and sequence
- It has the full size student workbook pages with the answers overprinted in red for easy grading
- Reproducible tests and graphics organizers.
- Test answers
- Detailed lesson plans that explain how to teach, practice, and apply each lesson.
- Meeting Individual Needs section in each lesson has suggestions for teaching phonics, ESL strategy, multiple intelligences, and the home-school connection.
Grade 1, 183 pages