Reading becomes fun when you use these phonetically controlled stories. This program builds students’ confidence as they learn, practice and apply phonics on their own. This is the same Phonics Practice Readers that are recommended in The Well Trained Mind by Jessie Wise and Susan Wise Bauer. You are going to love them!
The Well Trained Mind by Jessie Wise and Susan Wise Bauer.
This popular series is still going strong since its introduction of the readers and workbooks in the mid-1980s! We are excited to offer this tried and tested resource to you. Many of our customers who read them as a child are now reading them with their children and grandchildren!
- We suggest you laminate them to make them more durable. Here’s how to preserve your MCP Phonics Practice Readers
- Most customers who use the Phonics Practice Readers also like Miquon Math.
Level Comparison-Same Sounds with Different Stories.
Repetition doesn’t get monotonous in this series. Each level of the series practices similar phonics skills but with different stories to keep the students engaged.
- Set 1 level covers short vowels in each series A, B, and C.
- Set 2 level covers long vowel sounds
- Set 3 level covers blends
- Set 4 level covers digraphs
- MCP Phonics Practice Readers Series A (measure 9″ by 7″)
- MCP Phonics Practice Readers Series B (measure 9″ by 7″)
- MCP Phonics Practice Reader Series C (larger size with larger pictures measures 9″ by 9″)
Skill Masters Worksheets
Reproducible blackline Modern Curriculum Press Phonics Practice Readers Skill Masters are available for each reader in the Phonics Practice Readers sets. There are three different worksheets for each reader in a set. PLEASE NOTE: The Skill Masters Worksheets are going out of print at the publisher and will not be reprinted. Stock is limited.
- Skill Masters for Phonics Practice Readers Series A (Worksheets A-3 and V2/Vowels and Values Set 1 are no longer available.)
- Skill Masters for PPR Series B
- Skill Masters for PPR Series C
Like what you’ve seen of Modern Curriculum Press so far? We also carry these from MCP: Spelling, Maps, Charts, Graphs, and Mathematics!