In the Primary Phonics Storybook Sets and Workbooks, the levels are color-coded. Level K has several components including a K Workbook, a Consonant Workbook K, More Consonant Workbook, and a Color Workbook.
Save on Primary Phonics Storybooks and Workbooks during our sale at Lamp Post Homeschool!
Levels 1 to 6 have a storybook set, a workbook, and a comprehension workbook. The first three levels have another workbook called More Workbook. An extra set of storybook readers is available for the first two levels which makes sense. Those are the easiest levels where the student learns to read words with short and long vowels. Extra successful reading practice will help the reader to gain confidence in reading.
All of the books and workbooks in this series have black and white drawings. Grades K-2
- Kindergarten Colors, letter formation, consonants.
- Level 1 Consonant review, Short vowels, Sight words
- Level 2 Long vowel combinations, Silent -e, Vowel digraphs
- Level 3 Initial and final blends, Plurals, Two-syllable and compound words
- Level 4 Additional consonant blends, r-controlled vowels, Consonant digraphs
- Level 5 Vowel digraphs, Compound and two-syllable words, Final y
- Level 6 Additional consonant digraphs, Vowel digraphs and diphthongs, Soft c, g, dge
- Intervention Guide Step-by-step lessons for levels one to six for struggling and dyslexic readers.
- Picture Dictionary Includes words from all the levels.
- Teacher’s Guides for levels one to three and for four to six.
- Storybook Audio Recordings CDs Your student can read along as he listens to the recording.
- Storybooks 1-6 Complete Starter Set 80 reader set for the complete series at a great price.
Note: Aligned to the Common Core State Standards
According to the publisher’s website, Primary Phonics is aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
Storybooks 1–6 Complete Starter Set
Primary Phonics Storybooks 1–6 Complete Starter Set
Save when you purchase the Storybooks 1-6 Complete Starter Set.
This 80 book set includes one of each of the following 10 book sets:
- Storybooks 1 Starter Set 9780838883617
- Storybooks 1A Starter Set 9780838875025
- Storybooks 2 Starter Set 9780838885512
- Storybooks 2A Starter Set 9780838875032
- Storybooks 3 Starter Set 9780838885628
- Storybooks 4 Starter Set 9780838885734
- Storybooks 5 Starter Set 9780838885840
- Storybooks 6 Starter Set 9780838820254
Intervention Guide Levels 1-6 with Blackline Masters and Chart
With 60 lessons sequentially corresponding to the Primary Phonics workbooks and storybooks, the Intervention Guide teaches and reinforces essential phonics and reading skills for struggling and dyslexic readers.
Lessons include step-by-step instruction and sample dialogue for teaching new sight words, coding practice, oral and written comprehension, and sentence dictation.
Ways to extend the lesson include activities and challenge words to ensure mastery of skills, and references to storybook and workbook pages for more practice.
Included with the guide is a separate book of Blackline Masters with activity pages and written comprehension questions.
Both the Intervention Guide and the Blackline Masters have the sturdy coil lay flat binding. This makes it easy to follow the step-by-step instructions in the guide and to make copies from the BLM book. If you have a student who struggles with reading and needs the extras, this is the TG to purchase for this program. To repeat, it covers Levels one to six of the Primary Phonics series.
A word coding poster for reference is also included. It is a large size for the wall.
The Picture Dictionary has 2,500 words commonly used by children. Most of the words in Primary Phonics and More Primary Phonics storybooks and workbooks are included in this dictionary. It has room to copy each word.
Spiral bound, 223 pages.
Teacher’s Guide 1•2•3
The Primary Phonics Teacher’s Guide 1•2•3 you will find detailed lesson plans that coordinate the materials in this series.
199 pages with plastic coil binding to lay flat.
Primary Phonics Teacher’s Guide 4•5•6
In the Teacher’s Guide 4•5•6 you will find detailed lesson plans that coordinate the materials in this series.
160 pages with plastic coil binding to lay flat.
Storybooks Audio Recordings
Storybooks 1•2•3 Audio Recordings CD
Listen to fluent reading modeled with connected text on Storybooks 1•2•3 Audio Recordings CD. For students who struggle with reading, listening to the recording as they read along in the storybook can be helpful, particularly for help with expression and pronunciation.
All 50 Storybooks from Sets 1, 1A, 2, 3A, and 3 are recorded on this cd.
Storybooks 4•5•6 Audio Recordings CD
Listen to fluent reading modeled with connected text on Storybooks 4•5•6 Audio Recordings CD. For students who struggle with reading, listening to the recording as they read along in the book can be helpful, particularly for help with expression and pronunciation.
All 30 Storybooks from Sets 4, 5, and 6 are recorded on this cd.