Written by Dr. James P. Stobaugh, the following homeschool literature courses are available.
American Literature Set
Stobaugh American Literature Set
The American Literature Set includes one of each of the following items.
Grades 10-12, typically used in 10th grade.
American Literature Student Text
The American Literature Course has 34 weeks of lessons and will count for one credit of literature and one credit of writing.
Features and Benefits
- Your student will develop vocabulary, reading and critical thinking skills.
- The American Literature course is a one-year course with 34 chapters with five lessons in each chapter.
- Prose, poetry, and drama selections are included.
- Suggested reading schedules and daily calendar.
- Writing assignments help your student articulate his views.
- Overviews of the writers, the historical settings, and worldview.
- Easy to use teacher’s guide with student objectives, answers to assignments and weekly exercises.
- Suitable for college-bound students
- A reasonably priced American Literature course.
- It is your choice to use the library for additional reading books or purchase them
- It reinforces learning to study American literature and American history at the same time.
- View Samples at the publisher’s website:
High school level 10th grade, 81/2 x 11 • 544 Pages • Paperback
American Literature Teacher Guide
The American Literature Teacher Guide has the teacher helps that you need to teach this course.
View Samples at the publisher’s website:
High school level 10th grade, 81/2 x 11 • 320 Pages • Paperback
Christian Reading Companion for 50 Classics
The Christian Reading Companion for 50 Classics will help your student gain an understanding of them from a Christian perspective.
- It can be used as a classic literature survey course or as a supplement to another literature curriculum.
- This guide features:
- Short descriptions of each of the 50 classics
- Objective and discussion questions to stir thought
- Quotations that give insights into character, plot, and more.
- The student chapters are in the first part of the volume, and the teacher’s answer keys are available in the back section.
- Take a look at the preview for a complete list of the classics in the table of contents and more.
- Sample pages of Christian Reading Companion for 50 Classics
6 x 9 • 304 Pages • Paperback
Grades 7th to 12th