From Bright Ideas Press, comes Christian Kids Explore Science series, a Christian homeschool science curriculum.
- Creation Science Grades 4-8
- Earth and Space Grades 3-8
- Biology Grades 1-6
- Chemistry Grades 4-8
- Physics Grades 4-8
Features and Benefits of the Christian Kids Explore Science Series
- Each one of the books is a one year study of homeschool science.
- The lessons are easy to follow.
- Lessons can be led/read by the teacher, who may need to explain it to younger students.
- The reproducible pages (activity sheets, for example) may be copied for members of your family only.
- Each book in the series can also be used as a “textbook” for an older child who is capable of self-directed study.
- It’s a Christian-based science curriculum designed for homeschooling families.
- Use one science course for multi-level teaching–easier on the teacher.
- Save on Christian Kids Science during our sale at Lamp Post Homeschool.
Christian Kids Explore Creation Science
Christian Kids Explore Creation Science includes a Resource CD.
The Resource CD has Daily Lesson Plans, All Reproducibles, Materials Lists, and a Bonus Literature Study Guide.
There are 28 lessons in 6 units for a year of creation science. This course offers hands-on activities, vocabulary words, book list, coloring pages, unit reviews, and scripture tie-ins.
Units in Christian Kids Explore Creation Science include:
- Creation Science and the Creation Model
- Six Days of Creation
- The Flood of Noah
- The Age of the Earth
- Evolution and the Evolution Model
- Confidence in Creation Science
For grades 4 to 8.
Christian Kids Explore Biology
Christian Kids Explore Biology is a one year life science curriculum with a Christian perspective for elementary student.
- Teaching lessons
- Coloring pages
- Hands-on time
- Memorization lists
- Review sheets
- Creative writing assignments
- An awesome supplemental book list.
Christian Kids Explore Biology is great for multilevel teaching. Includes 35 weekly lessons. It is written in a conversational style. The student activity pages are reproducible for use within the family.
Christian Kids Explore Chemistry
The new second edition of Christian Kids Explore Chemistry includes a convenient, easy-to-use Resource CD. This CD includes Daily Lesson Plans, Materials Lists, and a Bonus Literature Study Guide. It also has all of the reproducibles from the book such as:
- Coloring Pages
- Unit Reviews
- Follow-Up Questions for each lesson
- Activity Charts
There are five units divided into 30 lessons that are presented from a biblical world view. It integrates Scripture and provides vocabulary words and material lists. There are Unit Reviews and a Supplemental Book List.
View Samples and other information at the publisher’s website. Links open in a new window.
Hands-on activities include building model atoms, breaking covalent bonds, and making gas expand.”
Grades 4 – 8
Earth and Space
Christian Kids Explore Earth and Space
Christian Kids Explore Earth and Space has units on the universe and Earth. The Earth’s structure, the lithosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and weather are covered, as well as a unit investigating the universe and its components.
- Christian Kids Explore Earth and Space curriculum has 24 lessons with six unit reviews that present the material in an easy-to-teach manner.
- Students are encouraged to keep a science notebook as they learn.
- Hands-on activities include building a model of Earth and its layers, using eggs to understand plate tectonics, and simulating a volcanic eruption.
Grades 3 to 8
Christian Kids Explore Physics
Christian Kids Explore Physics 2nd Edition has been updated to include a Resource CD.
The new CD includes:
- Daily Lesson Plans
- All Reproducibles for you to print (Coloring Pages, Unit Reviews, Follow-Up Questions, Activity charts)
- Materials Lists
- A Bonus Literature Study Guide.
View Sample Pages and a Sample Lesson at the publisher’s website. The links open in new pages.
There are 30 weekly lessons in 6 units for a year of science. This course offers hands-on activities, vocabulary words, book list, coloring pages, unit reviews, and scripture tie-ins.
The lessons are easy to follow. They can be led/read by the teacher, who may need to explain it to younger students. The reproducible pages (activity sheets, for example) may be copied for members of your family, your co-op class, or one classroom.
The book could also be used as a “textbook” for an older child who is capable of self-directed study.
There is a very good suggested reading list in the back of Christian Kids Explore Physics. It has a list of general physics reference books and list of suggested books for each lesson. Also included are a list of books about famous physicists and another list of books of experiments and projects. I think it’s an excellent addition to this Christian homeschool science curriculum.
For grades 4 to 8.