We like Paradigm Basic Science Mysteries because it keeps the student’s interest and helps with reading comprehension. Each lesson has a motivational story that involves something to be learned in the science lesson. Our sons enjoyed using this course.
Use this course to teach your child to read for comprehension and to find answers to questions in the activities. How? It is methodically organized. Most question occur in the same order as they are found in the text. Each question is phrased from the text which is the old fashioned way that worked. It is a beautiful way to teach homeschool students who didn’t use a textbook approach in the elementary grades. Introduce them to reading to find the answer with a curriculum designed to do that.
Topics Covered in Paradigm Basic Science Mysteries
- Chapter 1—Organisms and their systems: nervous, endocrine, muscular/skeletal, digestive, circulatory, respiratory, urinary, reproductive, immune; five senses, genetics, lifestyle factors and ecosystems;
- Chapter 2—Fish, simple machines, electricity, health and bacteria, snakes, Sun and Moon, nocturnal creatures, motors, Moon phases, spiders, Earth’s tilt and orbit, metals, telescopes, caves, thunderstorms;
- Chapter 3—Crop rotation, fossil fuels, photosynthesis, nitrogen and carbon cycles, environmental factors of organism survival, wind, water, glaciers, minerals, food groups, rock formation and transformation, food chains, soil composition, wheels and oils, measuring work and energy, water reservoirs, gas, liquids, solids, first aid, temperature;
- Chapter 4—Solar system distances, composition, energy; theories of origin, scientific laws, gravity, velocity, friction, constellations, star magnitude, scientific law, premises and theories; and
- Chapter 5—Meteorologists, humidity, precipitation, latitudes, climate zones, clouds, coalescence, weather systems, mountain formations, volcanoes, earthquakes, theories of formation, transitional forms, geologic column, law of superposition, fossils, theories on extinction, smog, rain, hazardous materials, recycling, deltas, sediment.
Basic Science Mysteries
Basic Science Mysteries Grade 7 Complete Bundle
Designed as a seventh grade science course, Basic Science Mysteries cover earth and life sciences, plus studies on the Periodic Table of the Elements and the solar system.
This bundle includes one of each of the following:
- One set of Basic Science Mysteries Text Booklets for Chapters 1-5 pac62927TBS
- One set of Basic Science Mysteries Activity Booklets for Chapters 1-5 pac62937ABS
- Basic Science Mysteries Teacher’s Resource Kit with CD-ROM pac76068
Preview samples of Basic Science Mysteries Skills at the publisher’s website
Basic Science Mysteries Text Booklet Set
The Basic Science Mysteries Text Booklet Set includes one of each of the text booklets for Chapters 1 to 5 for the extra student.
Basic Science Mysteries Activity Booklet Set
The Basic Science Mysteries Activity Booklet Set includes one of each of the activity booklets for Chapters 1 to 5 for the extra student.
Basic Science Mysteries Teacher’s Resource Kit with CD-ROM
The Teacher’s Resource Kit (TRK) has the answers and tests for Chapters 1 through 5 of the course. It has a printed copy plus the TRK CD.
Basic Science Mysteries Text Only on CD-Rom to view on computer or print what you want on paper.
Basic Science Mysteries Text Only on CD-Rom
The Text Only on CD-Rom has all five chapters in PDF format to view on your computer or print as needed.