Supplement Any Science Curriculum With These Helpful Resources
In addition to the science courses from the main homeschool publishers, we also offer science resources and supplements for teaching science at home.
- Field Trip Journal Fun way to document your science or history field trip!
- Dover Science Coloring Books (may have references to evolution)
- Flippers for Science (conservative)
- Lyrical Earth Science Audio CDs (Ages 9 to 15 conservative)
- Lyrical Life Science Audio CDs (Ages 9 to 15 conservative)
- Stratton House Hands-on Science Kits (conservative)
- Usborne Illustrated Science Dictionaries and Books
Exploring Creation Field Trip Journal
The Exploring Creation Field Trip Journal is a great way for you and your student to plan and document your science or history studies.
The Field Trip Journal comes in a plastic spiral bound format with full-color pages and features:
- 100 field trip ideas
- Student and teacher checklists
- Maps to illustrate the places you’ve visited
- Pages to document your treasured memories
- If you live in a state that requires portfolios, you can use pages from the Field Trip Journal to document learning!
- For a family with multiple children, you could let each child document a field trip for a book of family memories and their homeschool portfolio.
- Download sample pages of the Field Trip Journal.
The Journal Sections include:
- Field Trip Ideas
- Preparing for a Field Trip
- Student and Teacher checklists for the week before, the night before, on the way, and at the “field.”
- Over 100 suggestions for studying plants, animals, Earth, space, aviation, the human body, history, government, culture, and more!
- Places I’ve Explored Maps
- Three separate sections help you document the date and destination of any field trips exploring your state, the United States, and the world.
- Field Trip Pages Specific field trip pages help you plan your visit, document any books you’ve read about your field trip, create a “must do” list, take personal notes, tell the “Story of my day,” and record “Something I never want to forget.”
- Special Spot Pages
- Designed to help your student slow down and notice the fascinating changes that occur from one season to the next. Four times a year, your student will map out a specific location to see what happens over time, recording things such as color, flowers, leaves, sights, sounds, animal clues such as track or droppings, temperature, average rainfall, and much more.
- As I See It Pages
Grades 1 to 7th
Giant Science Resource
Giant Science Resource Book
Giant Science Resource Book is a great way to supplement your science readings or unit studies.
- 296 reproducible pages to enrich science units in life science, physical science, earth science, or space science
- The types of pages vary and include diagrams, picture cards, mini-books, and writing forms.
- If you live in a state that requires portfolios, you can use pages from the Giant Science Resource Book to document science learning!