Exploring Creation with Chemistry “is designed to be a first-year high school homeschool chemistry course.
It gives the student a rigorous foundation in chemistry, in order to prepare him or her for a college-level course.
This high school level chemistry course covers the following topics: significant figures, units, classification, mole concept, stoichiometry, thermochemistry, thermodynamics, kinetics, acids and bases, redox reactions, solutions, atomic structure, Lewis structures, molecular geometry, gas laws, and equilibrium.
Student who take and understand this chemistry course will be very well-prepared for a college level chemistry class.
Prerequisite: Algebra 2
Features and Benefits
- More in-depth discussions and explanations of chemistry concepts
- Biographical sketches of Christian scientists who made a difference and gave the glory to God
- Color illustrations
- More understandable text
- Extra practice problems with detailed solutions.
- Cumulative tests for quarterly, semester, or final exams
- Separate set of tests is included for the student (apart from the tests in the Solutions and Test Manual.
- Experiments are included. Supplies will be purchased separately.
Apologia Chemistry Set
Exploring Creation with Chemistry Set
The Apologia Exploring Creations With Chemistry Set, 3rd Edition includes one of each of the following:
- Chemistry Student Text 9781940110257
- Chemistry Solutions Manual 9781940110264
View Samples at the publisher’s website (Opens in a new window.)
Student Textbook for Apologia Chemistry
Student Text for Exploring Creation with Chemistry
The Exploring Creation with Chemistry Student Textbook prepares the student for college level chemistry. Experiments are included in the course, if you want your student to have lab experience. Often, homeschool co-op groups will offer chemistry labs. In addition, you can probably find videos demos of the experiments on the internet. When I took chemistry, we only did lab time once a week. The rest of the experiments were demonstrated by the teacher.
Solutions Manual for Apologia Chemistry
Solutions and Tests Manual for Exploring Creation with Chemistry
The Exploring Chemistry in Creation Solutions and Tests Manual, 3rd Edition contains answers to the module review questions, practice problems, and extra practice problems. It also has the tests and test solutions. A test booklet with an extra set of tests is shrink-wrapped with the manual.