A Trail Guide to U.S. Geography is a one year multilevel guide to study United States Geography. Your student will study all 50 states.
Students can create a state student notebook with information in the trail guide. It is more of a “from scratch” method of doing the notebook.
Save on a Trail Guide to US Geography during our sale at Lamp Post Homeschool.
Trail Guide to U. S. Geography
A Trail Guide to U.S. Geography
Highly Recommended: If you prefer a more structured approach, then we suggest that you purchase the Trail Guide to U.S. Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM and print the templates as you need them for each of the three levels.
See Samples of Trail Guide to U.S. Geography
- Sample Lesson (opens in a new page at the publisher’s website)
- Table of Contents (opens in a new page at the publisher’s website)
Recommended Resource List
From various publishers, the following books are recommended resources for The Trail Guide to U.S. Geography curriculum.
- Trail Guide to U.S. Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM Has printable student pages and maps OR
Uncle Josh’s Outline Map Book or Uncle Josh’s Outline Map CD-ROM Used for all grades in the mapping section.
- Desk Atlas of the United States
- The Captain’s Dog Used in the Geography Through Literature section.
- Geography Through Art Recommended resource if you want to include art in your geography study.
- Eat Your Way Through the USA This is useful if you want to incorporate cooking into your state studies.
- World Almanac and Book of Facts or another almanac. Used in the Geography Trails section for students in grades 8 and above.
Grade 2 to high school, multilevel.
Trail Guide to U.S. Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM *
Make creating geography notebooks simple and fun with the printable templates and maps in the Trail Guide to U.S. Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM. You can print what you need.
There are three levels included. The Primary Notebook has 177 pages and goes to gr. 4. The Intermediate Notebook is for grades 5-7 and has 177 pages. The Secondary Notebook is for Grades 8 to high school and has 177 pages you can print.
Features of the Trail Guide to U.S. Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM are:
- Geography Trails Questions: 90 pages of daily questions with space to place the answers.
- Outline Maps: Over 70 reproducible maps for the weekly mapping assignments.
- Notebook Pages: Over 200 formatted templates with room to include written summaries, pictures, and drawings.
- Generic Templates: Students use these to create their own crosswords, charts, reports, and more.
Note: If you are using this item, you won’t need the Uncle Josh’s Outline Map Book or CD.
Desk Atlas of the United States
The Desk Atlas of the United States is an atlas book of maps, history, facts, and symbols of each of the fifty states.
You will find the following information for each state:
- Summary of climate, geography, and features
- State flags, seals, and quarters
- Mottos and symbols, date of statehood
- Physical maps
- Favorite tourist spots
- Significant historical events and people
- Timeline of key events
Preview Sample Pages (Opens in a new window at the publisher’s website)
- Desk Atlas of the United States Sample (Full Quality 50MB)
- Desk Atlas of the United States Sample (Low Quality 5MB)
Grades: 2nd to 12th
The Captain’s Dog *
“Part history, part science–and adventure through and through–The Captain’s Dog is the carefully researched, thrilling tale of America’s greatest journey of discovery.”
This is a story of the dog who accompanied Meriwether Lewis on his famous trip through the Louisiana Purchase.
Used in the literature/book study section of the Trail Guide to U.S. Geography.
Geography Through Art
If you want to incorporate art with the Trail Guide to U. S. Geography, Trail Guide to World Geography or Around the World in 180 Days, use the Geography Through Art curriculum. With different types of art projects from around the world, you will have no problem finding an appropriate project for the region you are studying.
Geography Through Art is a multi-level curriculum.
Eat Your Way Through the USA
Eat Your Way Through the U.S.A. is more than just a cookbook. Each state has its unique geographical features and agricultural products. These influence both the ingredients that go into a recipe and the way food is prepared.
With Eat Your Way Through the USA, you can experience a different meal from each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Easy to follow recipes for a full meal from each state are included. There is a set of interesting food facts from each state to supplement your cooking experience.
“This is a great cookbook full of wonderful recipes and also teaches children unique facts about each U.S. state. My family especially loves the homemade Chicken Dumpling recipe” Anna J.
Use this multi-level resource to add cooking experience to your geography curriculum.
Uncle Josh’s Outline Map Book
In Uncle Josh’s Outline Map Book, there are over one hundred reproducible outline maps. Using maps is a foundational part of teaching geography and history. It includes each of the fifty states, continents, ancient historical regions, historical war regions, and more.
The Outline Map Book is reproducible and comes in paperback. It is also available on CD-ROM.
Note: The Trail Guide to U.S. Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM has the necessary outline maps for that study. However, if you are not using it, you will need either Uncle Josh’s Outline Map Book or CD-ROM.
Uncle Josh’s Outline Map CD-ROM
Print maps as you need them with Uncle Josh’s Outline Map CD-ROM. This is the CD-ROM version of Uncle Josh’s Outline Map Book.
Note: The Trail Guide to U.S. Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM has the necessary outline maps for that study.