A Trail Guide to World Geography is a one year multilevel guide to study all seven continents. There are twenty-seven weeks of questions and projects that cover world geography. The last nine weeks is a Geography through Literature unit study of Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne.
Save on Trail Guide to World Geography and related books during our sale.
We recommend purchasing the Trail Guide and the accompanying Student Notebook CD-ROM.
Trail Guide to World Geography
A Trail Guide to World Geography
This is the book you need in order to use this course for homeschool world geography.
Depending on the level of involvement you may need the following essential resources (or something similar) with A Trail Guide to World Geography. These are sold separately below.
- Trail Guide to World Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM Highly recommended if you want to make the course easier to use, particularly if you have multiple students in different grade levels.
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne! Needed if you want to do the 9 week geography unit study based on this book.
- Usborne Geography Encyclopedia with Complete World Atlas Suggested replacement for the The Answer Atlas which is out of print at this time. Or another world atlas is needed.
- Geography Through Art –If you want to do art projects that go along with your geography study, you will find a wide variety of ideas in this multi-level, homeschool friendly curriculum. The Trail Guide provides references to appropriate projects from this book.
The following book is also helpful if you want to go into more depth with your study of geography, but not necessary to use this course.
- Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide Useful if you want to learn more about teaching geography and do more in-depth study with your students.
See Samples of Trail Guide to World Geography
- Sample Pages (opens in a new page at the publisher’s website)
- Table of Contents (opens in a new page at the publisher’s website)
- Instructions for High School Course (opens in a new page at the publisher’s website)
Grade 2 to high school, multilevel.
Trail Guide to World Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM
Make creating geography notebooks simple and fun with the printable templates and maps in the Trail Guide to World Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM. You can print what you need.
There are three levels included. The Primary Notebook has 144 pages and goes to grade 4. The Intermediate Notebook is for grades 5 to 7 and has 145 pages. The Secondary Notebook is for Grades 8 to high school and has 145 pages you can print.
The Usborne Geography Encyclopedia with Complete World Atlas*
Newly updated, the Usborne Geography Encyclopedia with Complete World Atlas will “will introduce you to the whole field of geography, from rocks and their formations, the Solar System, weather, climates, and oceans, to human settlements, populations trends, diverse ecosystems and environmental concerns”
Features of the Usborne Geography Encyclopedia with Complete World Atlas are:
- Continent-by-continent accounts of peoples and their cultures
- World Atlas with 60 pages of maps
- Gazetteer of facts about the countries of the world
- Detailed diagrams explaining geographical and geological processes
- Photographs of the natural world.
Around the World in Eighty Days *
Go Around the World in Eighty Days with Jules Verne’s classic in paperback.
Geography Through Art
Trail Guide to U. S. Geography, Trail Guide to World Geography and Around the World in 180 Days refer to the Geography Through Art curriculum. There are different types of art projects from around the world. You can match an appropriate project to the region you are studying. Geography Through Art is a multi-level curriculum.
The Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide with CD
A geography curriculum guide for K-12, the Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide is a great geography resource.
This non-consumable guide has all the tools for teaching geography, lesson plans, and fun activities. It is excellent for both those who enjoy developing their own curriculum and those who like complete ready-to-use plans.
It now includes a CD-ROM with printable maps and activity pages.
Outline Map Book
Uncle Josh’s Outline Map Book *
In Uncle Josh’s Outline Map Book, there are over one hundred reproducible outline maps. Using maps is a foundational part of teaching geography and history. It includes each of the fifty states, continents, ancient historical regions, historical war regions, and more.
The Outline Map Book is reproducible and comes in paperback. It is also available on CD-ROM.
Note: The Trail Guide to World Geography Student Notebook CD-ROM has the necessary outline maps for that study.