Study United States History by Dr. James Stobaugh
From before the birth of our republic to the principles of liberty, American history trends, philosophies, and events are thoroughly explored in this one year course.
- Stobaugh’s American History is a one-year United States history course for the tenth grade.
- Designed to be easy to teach, to be comprehensive, to help students gain an understanding of American history trends, philosophies, and events.
- Learn about the following topics:
- Critical thinking in history
- Examinations of historical theories, terms, and concepts
- History makers who changed the course of America’s history
- Overviews and insights into world views
- The Teacher’s Guide is formatted for easy use.
- If your student is college-bound, this is an excellent preparatory course in American History.
- One of Dr. Stobaugh’s talents is helping students to prepare for college.
American History Set
Stobaugh’s American History Set
Included in the American History: Observations & Assessments from Early Settlement to Today Set is one of each of the following:
- American History Teacher’s Guide 9780890516430
- American History Student Text 9780890516447
See samples at the publisher’s website.
Stobaugh American History Teacher’s Guide
The American History: Observations & Assessments from Early Settlement to Today Teacher is formatted to be easy to use.
- Assignments with answers, learning objectives, grading criteria, and short essay questions are included.
- There are three options for giving the exams:
- Read it aloud to the students
- Type it as a handout
- Go to the website provided in the book and print copies for the students using the course.
- If you have seen other courses by Dr. Stobaugh, you will know that he favors tests with essay questions, and that means an opportunity for your student to write.
- Keep in mind, if your student’s writing skills aren’t that advanced, his or her answers could be given orally, recorded, and then written on paper for the student to copy.
- In the course, there are 34 chapters for 34 weeks of study.
- Each chapter includes five lessons that take about thirty minutes each.
- Each final lesson for the week is an exam that covers the week’s instruction.
- NOTE: The Teacher’s book does not contain the material found in the student text.
- Also, by James P Stobaugh is an American Literature course that can be studied in the same year as the American History.
Student Text for Stobaugh American History
Students will read and complete assignments in the American History: Observations & Assessments from Early Settlement to Today Student.
Answers and tests are found in the teacher’s book.