For those of you who want to study state history and geography of a particular state in the United States, the following curriculum is available.
For California and Pennsylvania History there are several choices.
Study the States Resources
- State the Facts A generic guide to study any of the U.S. states.
- States and Capitals Course by Memoria Press
- States and Capitals CD For the audio learner
- State Coloring Books
California State History
- Our Golden California Our Golden California a Christian Based Curriculum
- California History Guide By Beautiful Feet Books
- California History Resources Books and Coloring Books
- Exploring Georgia is a multi-level, Christian-based family study of Georgia state history for ages 9-14. A text, student workbook and quizzes and tests are available.
Illinois State History
- Illinois State History Illinois, the Prairie State, a Christian based curriculum for grades 4 to 8. A student text, teacher’s guide, and tests are available.
Kentucky State History
- Kentucky State History Let’s Explore Kentucky is a Christian -based state history for grade 4.
North Carolina History and Geography
- North Carolina State History and Geography Curriculum for grades 3 to 7.
Pennsylvania State History
- Pennsylvania Keystones by Susan Kemmerer is for grades 4 to 6. Good news: Skippak School and Henner’s Lydia are back in print!
- Explore Our Past by Guy Graybill for elementary grades
- Keystones 2 by Susan Kemmerer for grades 7 to 12
- Keystone: A History of Pennsylvania by Guy Graybill for middle school grades. Secular.
- Pennsylvania History Resources books and coloring books about Pennsylvania
- Exploring Tennessee is a multi–level, Christian-based family study of Tennessee state history for ages 9-14. A student text, a teacher’s guide, and quizzes and tests are available as a set or as individual components.
States and Capitals Learning Aids
States and Capitals CD and Map
States and Capitals CD and Map teaches names and locations with an audio CD and a 25″ by 36″ map of the U.S.A. to label and color. Songs are repeated for self-testing.
States and Capitals Workbook and CD
Using the States and Capitals Workbook and CD is another fun way to learn the fifty states and their capitals.
States and Capitals Course by Memoria Press
States and Capitals Teacher Guide
In States and Capitals the 50 states are studied by regions. The Teacher Guide has instructions for teaching the one year course, quizzes and tests and answers.. Student pages are shown with the answers filled in. It is recommended that you use Don’t Know Much About 50 States with this course. Student Study Guides are also available.
This course takes one year to complete if you study two to three states per week and include reviews and tests.
States and Capitals Student Study Guide
In the Student Study Guide, there is a work page for each state. It shows a map of the state next to a smaller map of the US with the state highlighted to show its location. There is a dot for the student to label the capital of that state. At the top of each state page, the student will fill in information about the state and fun facts. In addition there are quizzes and tests and reviews.
Don’t Know Much About 50 States
This is a fact filled, fun way to study the 50 states in the United States of America. It is recommended by Memoria Press for use with their States and Capitals course.
State: The Facts, A Guide to Studying Your State
State the Facts, A Guide to Studying Your State
Use State the Facts study guide to study any of the 50 United States. Your student will study and research the state in order to answer the questions and complete the activities.
The first task in the State the Facts book is for the child to find and record names, addresses, and phone numbers of people who will help your child find information about your chosen state.
Along with the typical items included in a state study, there are also pages for planning a trip, taxes, finding books about your state and more.
Written by a homeschool mother for homeschoolers, State the Facts is a great value.
Grades 4-6, though useable for any grade level.
North Carolina History and Geography Curriculum
North Carolina In A Nutshell
An introduction to the Old North State. In North Carolina in a Nutshell your student will study the state history and geography of North Carolina.
At 91 pages, this introductory overview has text about the geography and history. There are activities, coloring pages, and suggested projects.
North Carolina in a Nutshell was written for grades 3 to 7.
State Coloring Books
State Birds and Flowers Coloring Book
In the State Birds and Flowers Coloring Book there are 51 pictures to color that depict the flowers and birds of the fifty states plus the national bird and flower.
Each illustration has identifying captions.
These accurately detailed renderings are royalt-free, too.
United States Coloring Book
Help your children learn about each of the fifty states with the United States Coloring Book.
Your student can identify the state’s nickname, motto, flower, bird, tree, capital, main rivers, mountains, and other facts for each of the 50 states.