Take a Sneak Peek at Homeschooling This Summer!
So you’re thinking about starting to homeschool next fall, but you’re still not sure. How about taking a sneak peek at homeschooling this summer to help you make the decision?
What Is a Homeschool Sneak Peek?
Glad you asked! It is a homeschool summer session trial to help you get a feel for homeschooling without the worry of doing it for real.
Here are some ideas for simple homeschool mini-mesters!
Choose one subject and do it over the summer.
- Study a subject to improve skills.
- Explore a favorite subject in more depth with a unit study.
- Investigate a topic not covered in school.
- Try a multi-level history or science course with all of your children.
- Read lots of great books in a literature-based course.
It’s a Stress-Free, Fail-Proof, and Fun Trial!
All you have to lose is some time and the cost of the homeschool curriculum for your summer homeschool adventure.
- If your children have been in public school, you have an advantage—They’re already used to schedules and the school routine.
- If they want you to teach them at home, they are ready, willing and able to get started.
- At the worst, your children will have learned something over the summer break.
- You will probably learn you are far more capable at teaching than you thought.
- It will be an adventure, for sure.
Possible Summer Mini-Courses
Here’s a quick overview of these courses.
- Great Science Adventures Courses For the hands-on learner who likes to make projects with paper and scissors, choose a science topic of interest to your child.
- Junior Analytical Grammar Beef up grammar skills for your upper elementary student.
- Grocery Cart Math Beef up basic arithmetic skills with math activities at the grocery store and home. It’s fun and affordable.
- ¡Avancemos! Spanish 1 Start learning Spanish or another foreign language with an affordable interactive online course. Bien dit French is also available in this affordable online format for grades 9-12.
Try it, you’ll like it!
It’s a risk-free way to see if homeschooling is for you and your family. Go ahead and try a homeschool sneak peek this summer!
You can do this!