“What Saxon did for math, Frode Jensen does for grammar.” 7th grade +
Why We Like Jensen’s Grammar
“We are using Jensen’s Grammar with two of our children this year. I wanted a thorough, but concise grammar program that covers grammar without making it tedious.”
“Our two very different learners like this program. One student is working independently, and the other (a social butterfly)is reading and answering the questions one-on-one with me. Both like and enjoy the program—no grammar complaints from either which is quite refreshing for me.”
“At first glance the pages look very intense, but Mr. Jensen uses a practical and methodical approach to teach grammar. It took only a few lessons for us to understand the format. The exercises also include review questions from previous lessons. That was very helpful since it requires the student to look at previous lessons for answers. Tests are efficient and thorough but not burdensome.”
“Jensen’s Grammar is a keeper!”
Jensen’s Grammar Combined
With Jensen’s Grammar Combined, students will learn the basic parts of speech, prepositional phrases, appositives, sentence combining, the relative clause, the use of verbals, etc.
This book is designed to improve writing at the sentence level, where mistakes commonly occur.
Included in Jensen’s Grammar are the Student Text with lessons, exercises, and teaching helps and the Tests and Answers Booklet with [drum roll, please] tests and answers.
Jensen’s Grammar DVD Supplement
The Jensen’s Grammar DVD is intended to supplement the Jensen’s Grammar Writing text.
It has lectures to teach, explain, and motivate.
Grades 7 to 12
Text and DVD Bundle
Jensen’s Grammar Combined and DVD Supplement Bundle
This bundle includes one of each of the following items.
- Jensen’s Grammar 9781886061385
- DVD Supplement 9781886061446
Grades 7 to 12
Jensen’s Punctuation, A Complete Guide to All Your Punctuation Needs is now revised and reformatted to make a great book much easier to use in your homeschool.
- For the teacher/parent, you’ll find information on how to use this workbook, a course description, objectives introduction, teacher notes, and a suggested daily schedule.
- Includes tests, semester tests, and an answer key.
- Your student will learn:
- 5 basic rules for compound sentences that will solve 75-90% of your punctuation problems.
- How to use the punctuation index to help you master all the punctuation rules worth knowing.
- 3 types of keywords and how the signal what type of punctuation is needed, if any.
- What kinds of words in what kinds of situations need capitals and how to identify them in sentences.
- When and when not to use a comma with modifiers occurring in various positions in a sentence.
- How to correctly use the semicolon in the most common situation in which it occurs.
- Student lessons cover the following topics:
- Sentences and Fragments
- Coordinating Conjunctions
- Conjunctive Adverb
- General Punctuation
- Review Punctuation Worksheets.
- Softcover with 232 pages
- Download Jensen’s Punctuation Sample at the publisher’s website
Grades 9-12 as a one year course