Learn About The Your State With These Homeschool-Friendly Courses.
There are two ways to study state history. The first is an overview course where each of the 50 United States is studied during the year. Each state is covered in a short lesson. Or study one state where you can focus on a more intense study to meet your state homeschool history requirements. Check your state’s homeschool law to see what is necessary.
50 States Homeschool Curriculum—Study All Fifty United States in One Course
These courses are general studies of all 50 states of the United States in one unit.
More Resources to Study all 50 States
- Desk Atlas of the United States
- States and Capitals Course ~ By Memoria Press (secular)
- State Coloring Books (secular)
Many of the states require your homeschool student to study the history of your state. It also might be required to study the state geography and state government. All of our individual state history courses cover the necessary topics for the particular state.
Switched-On Schoolhouse State History on USB Flash Drive (A 50 States Curriculum)
Switched-On Schoolhouse State History now includes all 50 state history courses with one purchase. It is a five-unit supplemental computer-based course.
- Interesting and informative lessons about state history, culture, government, economy, and citizenship.
- Content varies by state.
- Includes quizzes and tests.
- Satisfies law requirements for your state history course.
- Also, enhances writing skills, applies math skills, studies your state’s economics and businesses, and looks at your state’s natural resources!
- Multimedia-rich lessons teach your child with video clips, animation, and interactive learning games.
- Provides parents with automatic grading and lesson planning, a built-in calendar, and multiple printing options
- Is a quality, Christ-centered curriculum.
- System Requirements See the minimum system requirements for Switched-On Schoolhouse on USB.
- Note: Windows Only. Mac is not supported.
Grades 7 to 12.
Desk Atlas of the United States
The Desk Atlas of the United States is an atlas book of maps, history, facts, and symbols of each of the fifty states.
It’s a great resource when you are studying all 50 states or U.S. history.
You will find the following information for each state:
- Summary of climate, geography, and features
- State flags, seals, and quarters
- Mottos and symbols, date of statehood
- Physical maps
- Favorite tourist spots
- Significant historical events and people
- Timeline of key events
Preview Sample Pages (Opens in a new window at the publisher’s website)
Grades: 2nd to 12th
States and Capitals Set
In States and Capitals, the 50 states are studied by regions.
The States and Capitals Set includes one of each of the following items:
- States and Capitals Teacher Manual 9781615381029
- States and Capitals Student Guide 9781615380510
- Don’t Know Much About 50 States 9780064462273
This course takes one year to complete if you study two to three states per week and include reviews and tests.
States and Capitals Teacher
States and Capitals Teacher Guide
The States and Capitals Teacher Guide has instructions for teaching the one year course, quizzes and tests and answers.
- Student pages are shown with the answers filled in.
- It is recommended that you use Don’t Know Much About 50 States with this course.
- Student Study Guides are also available.
- This course takes one year to complete if you study two to three states per week and include reviews and tests.
States and Capitals Student
States and Capitals Student Study Guide
In the States and Capitals Student Study Guide, there is a work page for each state.
- It shows a map of the state next to a smaller map of the US with the state highlighted to show its location.
- There is a dot for the student to label the capital of that state.
- At the top of each state page, the student will fill in information about the state and fun facts.
- In addition there are quizzes and tests and reviews.
Don’t Know Much About 50 States
Don’t Know Much About 50 States
Don’t Know Much About 50 States is a fact-filled, fun way to study the 50 states in the United States of America.
- It is recommended by Memoria Press for use with their States and Capitals course.
Horizons®, LIFEPACs®, and Switched-On Schoolhouse® are registered trademarks of Alpha Omega Publications
**The discount will be taken off the in the shopping cart after you apply the homeschool coupon code. Add in one time to discount on all Alpha Omega Curriculum including Horizons, LIFEPACs, and Switched-On Schoolhouse curriculum in your shopping cart. Can not be combined with any other coupon codes and excludes items marked clearance.